Highlights of Xubuntu 12.04.2 LTS (Precise Pangolin):
- The i386 images use a non-PAE kernel. The non-PAE kernel will not be available in future Xubuntu releases;
- Some default shortcuts have been changed, added and deleted;
- Lots of appearance improvements, including new branding and wallpaper, fixes for Greybird, Ubiquity, Plymouth, LightDM, and Terminal themin;
- Syncs, updates and patches from Debian and upstream, including xfce4-power-manager, Ristretto and gmusicbrowser, have been implemented;
- xfdesktop4 was updated in order to bring single-click opening and thumbnail support for the desktop;
- xfce4-settings has been updated in order to include the new mouse and touchpad dialog;
- The Alacarte menu editor is now installed by default and will work with Xfce-related menu items as well;
- Hibernate (suspend to disk) has been disabled by default, as it was found to be unreliable, very slow and confusing to have two suspend modes;
- Backports are now more easily accessible – to enable users to more easily receive new versions of software, the Ubuntu Backports repository is now enabled by default.
- As of 12.04.2, it is possible to install on UEFI systems with Secure Boot enabled.
Media Desktop Xubuntu 12.04 LTS:
- 32bit LiveCD sku-01.277.1204.01
- 64bit LiveCD sku-01.277.1204.11